Friday, August 19, 2011

Farmer's Market

Every week I bake to sell at the farmer's market, which coincidentally, is what I'm doing right now ;)  I make different kinds of bread and pies, and I wake up really, really early to make fresh cinnamon rolls. It is very tiring, and sometimes I absolutely hate doing it, but mostly I really enjoy doing it; and it pays pretty well too. A couple days ago, our fridge gave out, and we had to stick my dairy products in the freezer until we got it fixed. I took my whipping cream out last night to thaw, and this morning I was like 'what! it's still frozen?!' because I couldn't hear it when I shook it. So I opened it to see what was up. It had turned to butter or something like butter! Now I have to get another carton, oh well, that's one of the risks of business. LOL.
One thing I love about when I am able to go to the farmer's market is when I see Camp J-O-Y people there. It's so cute whenever little kids, that you recognize, but don't exactly remember who they are, run up to you and ask if you will be there next year, or say 'I remember you', and other things like that. I also like it when I wear my camp shirt there, and adults talk to me about it. There was this one lady, in her 30's or 40's, who told me how she had been saved down there when she was younger. I really love just hearing these random people tell me stories, it's so cool!
Well, I guess I'm done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment